Kash and Margie Johnson began their rendezvous adventure in the early 1980s when they took on management roles at the rugged Spirit Lake Lodge near Flaming Gorge. It was here that they met Two Eagles, who made his living selling bead work at nationwide rendezvous gatherings.
Kash attended his first rendezvous in 1982 and it did not take long before he caught the fever and mountain man blood pulsed through his veins. Rendezvous quickly became a tradition that extended to Kash and Margie’s children, extended family and grandchildren and has been a huge part of their lives for over three decades.
The Bear Lake Rendezvous is LIVING HISTORY. It’s helping people learn about the rich and colorful moments of the fur trade era on the hallowed ground of 2 rendezvous past.
The 2015 Bear Lake Rendezvous is Aug. 21-23. Gates open at 8 a.m. and the event remains open until sundown.
Guests and visitors to the Bear Lake Rendezvous DO NOT have to be dressed in period correct clothing. Flip flops and shorts are fine. However, anyone wishing to enter free needs to be dressed accordingly and traders and primitive campers must maintain pre-1840 attire.
For a one time $40.00 fee, self contained trailer camping (tin tipi) is available for the week August 19-24th. Campers are free to come and go. This is the BEST value on the lake. Rendezvous Beach is only 3 miles from our campsite.
- 8:00 a.m. Flag Ceremony
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Fun shoots/Bring a blanket prize
- 10:00 a.m. – runs all day – Archery Fun Shoot
- Archery Carp Shoot – all day/all weekend
- Knife and Hawk – all day/all weekend
- Women of the Fur Trade Demonstrations
- Brain tanning
- Quill work
- Bead work
- Trader’s Row – 8:00 a.m. to sundown
In addition to daily activities, specific event days and times are noted below:
- 1:00 p.m. Pilgrim Shoot (public welcome)
- 10:00 to 12:00 p.m. – Children’s games
- 1:00 p.m. – Pilgrim Shoot (public welcome)
- 11:00 a.m./1:00 p.m./3:00 p.m. – Native American Dance Demonstrations
- 7:00 p.m. – Council Fire (Shooting awards)
- 11:00 a.m./1:00 p.m./3:00 p.m. Native American Dance Demonstrations
- 12:00 Noon – Raffle
There will be information available under the canvas fly. If you have any questions, give Kash a call at 801-451-1518 or email email@example.com